1. Apply your application online
Richland Academy has implemented OpenApply to simplify the admissions process for applicants and schools by providing a convenient alternative to paper forms, and by providing an integrated system to support the internal admissions process from first inquiry to enrolment and re-enrolment. OpenApply is a web-based application, and is free for applicants & families. All you need is an Internet connection and an electronic device such as computer, tablet or phone.
Please go to richlandacademy.openapply.com to submit an application for your child. Click “Submit Application”, you can then select the appropriate application for your child (Early Years Application or Kindergarten to Grade 8 Application).
With your completed form, please include:
- A copy of your child’s three most recent report cards (if applicable)
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport
- Application fee of $300.00 (non-refundable) for Early Years to Grade 8
- Application fee of $500.00 Cdn (non-refundable) for International Applications
2. Arrange for a Personal Day Visit at Richland
After reviewing your application, we will schedule an appointment for you to visit our school and meet with our Head of School, Sandi Fischer, and Admissions Officer, Bessy Bianco. All applicants are welcome to spend a day or two at Richland.
During this visit:
- We will conduct an assessment for students in Grades 1 to 8 to determine their academic abilities.
- For the JK-SK, we use a comprehensive tool to get to know them better.
- For children in Early Years, we schedule a family meeting with our Early Years Lead Teacher.
3. Receive your Offer of Placement
We want to ensure that we are able to meet, and exceed, the needs of all of our students. Decisions are made based on the thoughtful observations and assessment by Richland faculty and staff; and are made in the best interests of the students. Richland’s student population benefits from a range of abilities, and we recognize the potential in every child. Once a decision has been made to offer your child a placement at Richland Academy, you will receive a written offer of placement along with a registration package.